What resources can tell me more about doing business in Haiti?
Please read Doing Business in Haiti: 2012 Country Commercial Guide for U.S. Companies (PDF 745 KB) and the Haiti Investment Climate guide (PDF 160 KB).
Where can I get more information about CS Partner Post services, like Gold Key?
U.S. companies can find more information at www.export.gov.
Where can I get more information about HOPE/HELP trade preferences for the U.S. market?
- The HOPE II Act (full text PDF 1.73 MB)
- Summary of HOPE II Trade Preferences (PDF 75.8 KB)
- The HELP Act (full text PDF 183 KB)
- Summary of HELP Trade Preferences (PDF 329.5 KB)
- The Haitian Economy and the Hope Act (PDF 351.3 KB)
Do U.S. citizens need a visa to visit Haiti?
Visitors from the U.S. to Haiti may not require a visa depending on the length of stay and/or onward passage being assured. An airport tax of $30 plus $5 is currently required from foreigners departing Haiti, but is generally included in the price of airline tickets. Visitors are required to have a valid passport.
Where should I direct questions concerning visas to visit the United States?
How can I contact the Economic/Commercial Section in Port-au-Prince?
Telephone: +(509) 2229-8000, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for US Businesses in Haiti
- OPIC provides loans, insurance, and other support for American businesses in emerging markets like Haiti. Visit OPIC's website for more information.
Exporting to Haiti?
- Whether you are new to international sales, trying to enter a new market, or looking to expand your business in a specific market, export.gov has resources to help.
Contact the Commercial Section
U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
Open Monday - Friday
7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Email Address: email@example.com
Route de Tabarre
Mailing Address in Haiti:
P.O. Box 1634
Mailing Address from Abroad:
Department of State
Washington, DC 20521-3400
Section Chief: John G. Robinson
Economic/Commercial Officer: Skye Justice
Commercial Specialist: Neyssa Martinez
Economic/Labor Officer: vacant
Economic Specialist: Christine Musset
Office Management Specialist: Bridgett Viscidy
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.