How to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview, follow the steps below.
1. Complete your DS-160 Online Visa Application at the Consular Electronic Application Center. Retain your DS-160 Confirmation Number – you will need this confirmation number to pay your visa fee and make an appointment.
2. Visit the U.S. Visa Information Service for Haiti website and create a user profile.
3. Follow the prompts to select the correct visa category and enter your DS-160 Confirmation Number when asked. This will allow you to generate a deposit slip to make your visa fee payment.
4. Take your visa fee deposit slip to any SOGEXPRESS and make your visa fee payment.
5. The following business day after you make your visa fee payment, you will be able to schedule an appointment online at the U.S. Visa Information Service for Haiti website or by phone through the Call Center. This service is free of charge.
6. When you come to the Embassy for your appointment you should bring a copy of your appointment confirmation, which includes two barcodes at the bottom of the page. You also should bring all of the necessary forms and documents, including a photo taken within the past six months and your valid passport.
7. If you are approved for your visa, you will be able to pick up your passport from the DHL location you selected when you created your profile online. There is no additional fee for this service.
Due to biometrics processing procedures, we are unable to issue visas the day of the interview. All applicants are encouraged to apply for visas well in advance. Appointments cannot be expedited simply because you purchased your tickets. You should not buy your plane tickets unless you have a valid visa in your possession.
Visiting the Embassy
When you come to the U.S. Embassy, you must go through a security check similar to an airport. DO NOT bring these items with you:
-- Food or drinks
-- Liquids such as perfumes, lotion, etc.
-- Electronics of any kind, including computers, telephones, MP3 players, etc.
You should have all of the necesary forms and documents required for your appointment ready when you arrive at the embassy. You will also need a valid photo ID.
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time so you can complete the security check.
Contact Non-Immigrant Visas
Non-Immigrant Visa Unit
Open Monday - Friday
7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Tel: 509 2812-2929 (Haiti)
Non-Immigrant Visa Unit
41 Route de Tabarre, Boulevard 15 Octobre
Haiti Mailing Address:
United States Embassy
ATTN: Immigrant Visa Unit
P.O. Box 1761
U.S. Mailing Address:
U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
3400 Port-au-Prince Pl.
Washington, DC 20521-3400